1. Start by lying down on the floor, legs extended, arms by your sides.
2. Practice contracting your abs by engaging your core and driving your lower back into the ground. Squeeze your inner thighs together to help initiate the move. There should be no room between the lower back and the floor.
3. Keep your abs contracted and raise your legs 2-3 inches above the floor. Keep the lower back on the floor.
4. Raise your head off the floor (1-2 inches) and extend your arms overhead and behind you. Make sure you are pressing the lower back into the floor.
5. Hold for 30 seconds (or as long as possible) before lowering the legs and shoulders to the floor.